So for the past couple months my dad has been trying to convince us that we need a dog. After match talking and coxing from the rest of the family Brad and I decide it would be fun to have a family dog for Seth to grow with. So the search began!
It was something that wasn't high on are to do list, but when we found time we would look on craigs list. So to set the stage for what unfolds next. Its the Wednesday before Valentines Day. I had a rough day and when Brad got home, was looking trough the dog listing on craigs list. and there it was the most perfect dog. Her name was Daisy she was completely trained and beautiful. I got so excited I made Brad read the add and everything. Brad didn't seem to excited and I couldn't figure out why.
Well thats when he told me that he had an appointment Thursday to pick up a puppy from a coworker for me as a surprise present for Valentines. WOW! That hit me from no where. I didn't know what to do or say he said the choice was mine since it was my gift. Boy did I feel bad. He had everything all lined up, but I really didn't want a puppy. They are so much work. After expressing these feelings to Brad he decided it would be best to get an older dog. So the next day I called on Daisy and she already had a home :( So Brad's feeling bad cause he can't surprise me and i'm feeling bad cause i ruined the surprise.
So the search began again! On Monday I found a beautiful chocolate lap on craigs list. The family bought a house that had no yard and had to get rid of him. So we went to check him out and fell in love. His name was Brodie . He is a year and a half old chocolate lab and Seth loves him. He still needs a little training, but we feel that after all we went through to get him it was ment to be. So here he is the newest member of the Horting Family. Brodie!!
Who's dog is the other one? He is super cute & I full on agree that get an older dog is way better than a puppy. A puppy is like another child:)Congrats!!!!
ReplyDeleteqt!
ReplyDeleteCute Doggie! We like labs :) They're awesome family dogs. I love your pictures!
ReplyDelete